Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Day of Snow and History

Two days ago, it snowed the most I've seen in Beijing thus far. Donny, Gene, and I decided that it would be nice to go see old things in Beijing in the snow; so, we hopped on the subway and headed to none other than Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. I really love those two places. And now, as a result of several factors at work including Gene's good aim and my not paying attention, I can say that I have gotten into a (very brief) snowball fight in the (non-museum portion of the) Forbidden City. I got hit straight on the nose with a snowball after I took a picture. It was hilarious. Of course, there were pictures taken, too.

snow on a wall of the forbidden city

The snow was sparse still, but it was there. This is the evidence. This is a wall inside the Forbidden City.

if touching them is good luck...

I touch these bolts for good luck every time I enter and leave the Forbidden City. Taking my picture inside one seemed like it could bring even more luck. (Dear Forbidden City door bolt, I would really like to speak Chinese better...)

donny's going to be the new emperor

Donny loves China, and speaks Chinese really well. He's going to be the new emperor when the right time comes, so we set up a shot to show where his picture will hang at that time.

we love china

Yes, really, when it comes down to it, we just love China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home