Friday, January 06, 2006

End of Semester

Countless hours of study and five tests later, my semester is finally over. I took my last test today. I really feel like studying 6+ hours a day for over a week and a half really helped me. I've never studied so hard in my life. I think that's because it wouldn't have done anything before. The only times I can think of where studying has really done anything for me is for Professor Kennedy's tests/papers at IU for Chinese Foreign Policy and Government and Business in East Asia. Coincidence? I don't think so. I studied similarly for those, but not for the same kind of stretch of days.

I feel like I did pretty well on my tests. I watched my teacher write down a 90 for my oral exam, which made me extremely happy considering that I'm pretty sure she thought I was the dumb one in the class all semester. The written test for that class went well, too, I think. Much to my surprise, the listening test seemed rather easy. Certainly I made mistakes and got things wrong, but it was much easier than what we do in class. I studied for 6 hours straight - no breaks - listening to tapes for that class. It was maddening, but ultimately helpful, I think. My last test was today, as I said before, and it was my hardest. I was expecting that. Even still, I don't think it went too badly. All the study for the other classes helped me on it.

So that's it. I'm leaving for Shanghai on the 19th, and I think I'm just going to chill out for a while until then. I'm going to go get Indian food now to reward myself for not jumping out the window this week. (hehe, kidding. I didn't really think of doing that. I actually thought about launching my tape player out the window, though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home