Saturday, February 25, 2006

Goodbye, Personal Space. Hello, Asia.

I'm in the process of travelling back to Beijing from my break in the States. I just got off of the longest leg of the trip, and I am very happy about it. The flight from Detroit to Tokyo, where I am currently, took over 13 hours. I was seated in between a Korean guy my own age and a Japanese man who appeared to be in his early thirties. As the Korean guy on my left, who had a window seat, fell asleep, he gradually slumped toward me and onto my shoulder. I let him stay for a minute, and then realized that he wasn't getting up. I shrugged him off of me, and he moved. Eventually, I fell asleep for a while, though uncomfortably, because his elbow was far over his armrest. I don't understand it. He had a wall to lean on.

When I woke up, he was asleep on my shoulder again. I honestly don't know if he was doing this on purpose or not. When I was on the rail in Tokyo people fell asleep on me, and on a bus in Utsunomiya people did the same. I don't know if I should be shoving people or just getting over it.

[Regarding my lack of vacation posts: I have some work to do, but the photos are being posted, and the entries will come. Check backwards on my blog because I will be backdating them.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home