Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yams!

I've been here for over a month now. My stomach is fairly well-adjusted to the differences in food here. For that reason, I was able to eat something delectable today.

yams!

These sweet potatoes are sold all over the place on sidewalks. They're usually sitting on a tray atop a metal barrel. Everytime I walk by these things, they smell amazing. As an added temptation, street food is most often cheaper than is imagainable. Today while walking back from our water run at Chaoshifa, my friend Gene decided to stop and buy two. He, Donny, and I went back to the dorm and shared them on the balcony.

the inside of my yam

I thought it tasted great. I didn't eat the skin because it was covered in dirt. That didn't really bother me, though. The yams were really hot, and I figured that enough of what was living in the dirt died to keep me healthy after eating it. I'm happy to report that my stomach is still fine, and I ate the yams several hours ago. This means that I'm going to be eating alot of yams in the near future. It's something like 1 kuai for one yam. Amazing.

mmm yam

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's with the hemp for hair?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home