Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Summer Palace

I was overwhelmed by the beauty at the Summer Palace. I didn't really do much there except walk around in awe, taking photos of everything. I'm just going to tell you about it in pictures. I'm not the kind of writer than can do that place justice in words.

child by the lake

passage


friends on bench

bridge and lake

me on rocks
- This one was taken by my friend, Gene Young. -

man pointing


man and child


lone boatman

If you come to China - I suggest that you do - you should definitely go to the Summer Palace. It's gigantic, and I'm sure that I didn't even see a fourth of it. I'm looking forward to going back during the winter when the lake is frozen. I've heard that you can walk out on it, and I definitely want to if it's possible.

Ah, I love living somewhere with such a long past. I'm living in the oldest surviving culture in the world. Beijing gives me a great mix of modernity and history in a short walk. This is a good place for me.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! (In case you don't remember me, I was a year behind you at the Academy, and also studying Chinese).

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures gave me chills Hillary! They are wonderfully taken...I remember when I went it was during the peak of tourist season and jam packed. It seems like it was quite wonderful for you though :-D. I love reading your blogs on China by the way, it is very nostalgic.

-Angela (from the Academy)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home