Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Breakfast

my almost daily breakfast

I try to eat breakfast on most days here. It really helps me get through four straight hours of class. I eat youtiao (fried dough sticks), shucai (vegetables), jidan (eggs), and zhou (rice porridge). Actually, I think this might be my favorite meal of the day. It seems like it would be really heavy, but it isn't. I throw everything into the zhou and eat from the bowl. After the main stuff is gone, I drink liquid from the zhou and eat the rice.

It's a nice way to start my day. It wakes me up a little bit, and I've been much more conscious in class since I started eating breakfast. I've been doing it for several weeks, and I want to keep it up during the winter. It's going to be cold, and I need to keep food in my stomach to make sure my body keeps warming me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home