Monday, August 22, 2005

Packing

It's Sunday. On Tuesday I will leave Bloomington and drive to Hammond to spend my last two days in the country with my family. Tonight I'm packing. So far, it is going kind of slowly. The bed is covered in clothes while I figure out which few lucky items get to come with me, and which are doomed to the unfortunate existence of a cardboard box in storage.

It's getting close to the time I leave now. Thursday at noon I'll be flying out of Chicago. I'll have stops in Detroit and Tokyo before finally arriving in Beijing around 9.30pm, August 26th (Friday). I've already made this trip once, and let me tell you that I am not exactly looking forward to the long day(s) of travel that I have ahead of me. Luckily, though, I have someone to meet me at the airport when I arrive. Pauline, my friend/acquaintance Ning's sister, is also going to let me stay at her apartment the first night. I have registration in the morning, so she is also going to help me get to the school. I certainly hope everything goes according to plans.

I've already gotten word of a strike at Northwest, but according to Reuters yesterday, things are still running smoothly. I'll be calling the airline on Tuesday to make sure.

I should get back to packing. I still have alot to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home